Why don’t you join our fantastic team of volunteers at Llantrisant Guildhall and help bring this heritage and visitors’ centre to life?
The registered charity that runs the building relies on volunteers to continue the success story of Llantrisant Guildhall as a premiere attraction in this part of South Wales.
The refurbished landmark hosts a wide variety of community events, including exhibitions, conferences, weddings, activities, guest-speaker programmes, concerts, private parties and school visits.
The building is available for hire and the adjacent Castle Green hosts community-based activities, open-air concerts and cinema, as well as a variety of celebratory events.
We are blessed with a great team of dedicated volunteers who run the building three days per week.
The group of 25 volunteers comes from all walks of life and each person spends as much or as little time as they choose in the building, to suit their own busy lives.
There are many benefits to volunteering. Not only are you supporting the running of a new community facility in Llantrisant, but it can benefit your health and job opportunities too.
Do any of these appeal to you?
- Training is offered to all volunteers
- The role you play is up to you
- The time you spend is up to you
- The days you volunteer are up to you
- Local history knowledge is not required
- You can be front of house
- You can work behind the scenes
- You can run the shop or just make a good cup of tea!
Some of the benefits of volunteering are:
- Reduces stress, anxiety
- Combats depression
- Increases self-confidence
- Benefits your health
- Provides a sense of purpose
- Helps you make new friends
- Can boost your job opportunities
- Is good for your CV
- Helps you develop new skills